I grew up in a household where PMA existed. I’m not sure I ever understood until recently, that it is me and only me that can make that happen. Positive Mental Attitude starts and exists within each of us. The way I live and want to BE in life, is infectious to those around me. Life is hard and when change happens, seems to get harder. You then face a crossroads: Feel Down or Move Forward. Here are 5 ways to wake up every day and achieve PMA from the waking point and hit the ground running:
- Own Every Day. We all wake up facing a boat load of responsibilities and lists and people. You can be positive or you can grump your way through, but you will be more effective and others will be far more willing to assist when you are smiling and courteous.
- Stand Up. I talk a lot about posture for functional reasons, but perception and feel good vibes from standing up tall with your shoulders back and head held high can make others notice you and help you be more aware of the world around you. Perception is big in relationships of all natures. When you look confident, your world will open up.
- Reach Out. Whether it is a hand shake in greeting, an ask for assistance, or a need to handle a situation. Take the step forward and make connections. When you handle your business up front, the ability to keep moving in a forward direction is that much easier.
- Smile. Laughter is contagious and smiling is the first step toward human connections. The farther we get buried into ‘social’ media, the more removed we are from actual people. It takes 21 days to make or break a habit. If you forgot how to smile, this will be more of a mindful task for about a month until it becomes natural and people will be naturally drawn to you.
- Celebrate You. We live in a time where positive feedback is more rare than we would like, so don’t be afraid to celebrate yourself and know you are awesome and have gifts to give. Stay consistent in what you own every day and the world will open its doors to you and those gifts.
Positive Mental Attitude starts with waking. Wake with the mindset that today will be great and you will live that out. It takes practice, patience, and perseverance but will a little PMA and a lot of work, life will get easier as you set goals and accomplish them one by one.